English Editor revising, editing or checking documents according to the instructions set out in the POs sent by Project Managers, using the required tools and resources.
An editor revises complex and demanding jobs in several different subject areas and has potentially specialized in certain subject fields. The quality of their work is such that it can be delivered to the client without revision.
- • The role consists of translating, revising, editing or checking documents according to the instructions set out in the POs sent by Project Managers, using the required tools and resources.
- • An editor revises complex and demanding jobs in several different subject areas and has potentially specialized in certain subject fields. The quality of their work is such that it can be delivered to the client without revision. They adhere to 1-StopAsia’s language guidelines and deliver work on time.
- • An editor is able to locate instructions for and work with all of 1-StopAsia’s required CAT tools independently. He/she revises all other translators’ work in their language team, both in-house and freelance translators, giving them factual and constructive feedback.
- • An editor can be expected to edit at least 4,000 words a day, resulting in quality that takes a colleague no longer than one hour to revise 1,500 – 2,000 words.
- • An editor identifies potential issues, considers themselves logically and uses available information to find solutions. He/she is not satisfied with mediocre results but proactive in seeking opportunities to add value.
- • This role may involve recruiting and training other editors or proofreaders who are able to work for the company as freelancers.
- – Native level of English
- – Professional experience in the translation field
- – Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- – Excellent organizational skills
- – Ability to multitask and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- – Being an adaptive team player
Advantages (Not Required):
- – Knowledge of CAT-tools. File preparation using CAT-tools (e.g. Trados Studio);
- – Knowledge of DTP applications;
What we offer:
- – Competitive salary;
- – Potential for career progression within the team in Plovdiv and our other offices worldwide;
- – An office location in the heart of Plovdiv just next to the Roman Stadium;
- – We would provide you with the necessary software training.
- – work time: day shift – 10:00-19:00, night shift – 18:00-2:00
If you have what it takes for the open position and you are not afraid of the challenge ahead, we want to hear from you. Please, send your short cover letter and resume (CV) in English. We look forward to hearing from you.
Fill the form below to apply for this position.